Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Giving in to Shipping

I don't like purchasing things online and then having them shipped to me. I feel like I'm at the mercy of the Postal Service or even worse, UPS/FED EX who won't leave your item at your door unless someone signs for it. This is specially troublesome for me when it's the holidays, when I would prefer to go down to a store, fight the crowd, but at least leave with something in hand.

A particular gift has been hard to find though. It's for my mother, and I need to get her something good since she's been pretty much helping us continuously throughout the year. The woman's a saint. So, I've been pretty much looking for a copy of "Into the West" on DVD. Sure, many might say "Why not jewelry?". Well, for one, I ain't rich (because you bastards don't click on my ads), and secondly, she really liked this when she watched it earlier this year on TV. The only problem with that was that she missed out on the last episode because her loud Mexican neighbors decided to have a big party the night it aired.

This really pissed her off, as I'm sure it would piss anyone off that was really into something and during the culminating episode of this televised experience, something like a loud party ruins the whole thing for you. I know I'd be pretty pissed off. The thing is, nobody has this particular DVD set in stock at their stores. I've been to a Wal-Mart, Target, Circuit City, a couple of Best Buys, and even ordered it from Circuitcity.com a month ago only to be stuck in backorder hell for 3 weeks.

Finally, I decided to check out Best Buy's online store again, that told me it was available for pick up at one of their stores nearby. Wonderful, I cancelled my Circuit City order and put in a pick-up order at the Atwater Best Buy. A couple of hours later, I check my e-mail to get the confirmation e-mail and what do you know, they don't have it available anymore. Shit! Today, I finally gave in to shipping, and chose the 2nd day shipping option which will, hopefully, get the order to me by the 24th. I'm crossing my fingers right now, and thinking positive thoughts to get this present in before that very important date.

6 comments:

deestract said...

Yeah, that's the thing with internet shopping. It's great...if you give yourself a month's time, and who has time for that? Anyway, I'm thinking positive thoughts for you. Oh, and do you have my address to deliver my present?

|absolute absurdities| said...

She needs no gifts...but yeah shopping sucks much less on the net. A lot more convenient yo but then they get ya with the s&h which really sucks...blehh!

How bout a five finger discount that always works.

Jaime said...

sure the sal, try doing the five finger discount on an online store.


actually, i used to do that to Buy.com a couple of years ago. they wouldn't update their shipping tracking info, and i'd message them and tell them i never received the merchandise, and they'd refund my card.

deestract said...

In regards to "she needs no gifts"... POOP.

Jaime said...

The Sal is intending to deliver Pearl Necklaces to all of his lady friends this holiday season.

deestract said...

hahaha. I hope he includes a gift receipt... I'm kidding!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)