Monday, December 05, 2005

The Bizzarity of Womanhood

I don't understand women. I'm married to one, I know that much, but goddammit . . . I just don't know what goes through her head at times. Fucked if I will ever know at that. Just to illustrate this, I will recount a recent event in the craziness that is woman. Yesterday, after helping out my parents move into their new home, I thought I'd do something nice for the wife and I picked up a Cappuccino Blast for her (because she loves them) and surprise her with it.

It goes over great, and she's telling me how sweet I am and how much she loves me and etc etc etc and then she says "You remembered when I said yesterday that I wanted one of these and you got it for me". I have no clue as to what the hell she's talking about, and maybe I should have just gone along with it. But fuck, I am too honest and I guess stupid to realize that there's going to be a foot stuck in my mouth soon. I say "Um, honey, I don't remember you saying that, but maybe, subconciously, it was rolling around in my brain. I got it for you because I know you like them".

Her face went from joy to complete sadness. Then she says "You ruined it". What?? I don't know what I just ruined but I try to rationalize with her trying to get me out of the doghouse that I just got thrown in. Eventually, I say "Um, actually, I do remember you saying that you wanted one of these yesterday". She then smiles, and says "Don't ever ruin anything ever again".

Women are fucking nuts I tell you. I won't even get into the chapstick incident that followed, I'll leave that for another day . . . if I'm still alive after my wife reads this. I love my wife, don't get me wrong. I just don't understand her sometimes.

8 comments:

deestract said...

LOL!!! Okay, this woman right here is having a brief moment of lucidity and in it, I know this:
A) Women, yes, are bizarre and crazy.
B) Your wife has good taste, cuz cappucino blasts are wonderful.
C) It *was* really sweet of you--no doubt.
D) What matters (to her, especially) is that you acknowledge that you don't always understand her (and you might never be fully able to, but hey, that's the continued appeal and excitement) and you are still there in it, *trying* and loving her.
E) I don't know what this chapstick thing's about, but it's funny, 'cause I can recall personal arguments over chapstick...hehe.

|absolute absurdities| said...

Speaking of craziness...umm the woman above should not be saying anything about crazy! She is the mother of all things crazy...lol! Ya so i was a little out of line but ya didnt have to leave now did ya!

Jaime said...

trouble in paradise kids?

make up sex is what i recommend for the two of yous.

deestract said...

"a little out of line"? That's like saying Nicole Ritchie is "a little thin" or Jessica Simpson "a little slow."
And yes, I did have to.

Jaime said...

this is not a forum for your petty squabbles . . . it's a forum for MY petty squabbles .. which take precedent.

deestract said...

haha. Just keepin' it real, Jaime. Just keepin' it real. Y'know, hadda set some ish straight, you know? And besides...HE started it!! =-P

|absolute absurdities| said...

All I knows is this...u need to come back asap! The jaime thinks so as well...DONT YOU!

Jaime said...

well, i do agree that The Sal needs some tail, just who's is up to him to find. just as long as he doesn't eye mine, we're cool.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)