Friday, October 19, 2007

XBOX 360 Boxed Up

Today, I send out my XBOX 360 for repair. I had the red-ring-of-death hit my most favorite gaming console at the beginning of the week, and Microsoft finally delivered the packaging needed to send it to their repair center in Texas. Why Texas? I don't know, but it seems to be a pretty popular place to get your shit repaired, specially if it has to do something with technology. I remember the last couple of times that I had to send in my Apple iBook (before I got the intel-based MacBook) for repairs for a faulty motherboard, it went to Texas as well. I don't know what they do over there. Maybe strap it on to a mechanical bull and the rest is Texas-magic. But whatever they do, I hope they can get it back to me before the 4th of November. Partly because I miss playing games, and Gamefly just delivered "Beautiful Katamari", a game both my wife and I had been dying to play since we downloaded the demo, but also because I will be going out of town for a week, and when they return the XBOX 360, they need a signature to confirm delivery. If I'm not here, I can't sign for it. And that would be pretty fucking inconvenient if they have to send it back to Texas because I wasn't around. But, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Hopefully it can be back here and hooked up within the next couple of weeks.

It might be a good idea to call up Microsoft to see if they can arrange a delivery either before or after I come back. That's something worth thinking about. But now, I must venture out into the world so I can find me one of those UPS stores, so I can send the broken bitch to get fixed.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)