Friday, October 26, 2007

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Up until recently, all of the "Call of Duty" games had been World War II based. They were pretty good, but if the 4th installment of the game series had treaded on that familiar territory, I would have checked out of the game completely. I'm really glad they went in a different direction with this one. If I remember correctly, I did some market research in late 2006 for "Call of Duty 3" for the XBOX 360. It didn't blow me away, but I did get to play an early build of the game and got a free game out of it. At that time, when they asked me what I didn't like about the game, I told them that I was totally tired of WWII first person shooters. If they could make a COD game either set in the present, or an alternate version of the present, with Nazi's if they wanted, I would totally be into it. I'm not saying I'm responsible for them making the shift in COD4, but it's at least interesting. Anyway, the video is all in-gameplay footage. As soon as I get my XBOX 360 back from Microsoft, I'm totally renting this game.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)