Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Busy, Take a Number

Yeah, I've been busy lately. You know, with waking up every morning this week at 3:30 AM to get to the job with FEMA at 4:30 AM and not being able to hop on the internet at all while there . . . it really takes the time away from me. It's not like at Earthlink where I could pretty much be online all day long while taking calls. Just thought I'd throw out a little update for the scores of loyal and devoted BAFW fan(s).

Helping out these disaster stricken people has been marginally rewarding. I'm not as big as a heartless bastard as I come across . . . most of the time. I've met a couple of cool people while working there, and even though I will most likely never see them again after this week, the sporadic small talk conversation has eased the utter inconvenience that is waking up that early everyday.

And why am I most likely not going to see these people anymore after this week. That small software company is on the verge of making me an offer. It doesn't pay as much as I would want to . . . but there are possibilities of advancement. Also, bonuses, and most importantly . . . benefits. Something that up until this point in my professional working career I had only heard about. It's a pretty exciting time right now since an internet giant is also after me. I might just end up stuck in some dead end job like with the Earthlink gig . . . so I'm most likely going to go with the smaller software company. The commutes are almost identical . . . give or take a tenth of a mile or so.

The one good thing about getting out of work at 1 PM is having all this free time that should be spent sleeping. But I'm not one for doing the right thing. Besides, my wife finds ways to keep me up . . ahem ahem . . .

One of those things I get to do that I wouldn't have if I didn't have the whole afternoon off is I get to watch the first season of Lost on DVD. Goddamn that's a great show. I recommend it as a purchase to anyone out there looking to get 24 hrs worth of quality television programming in one shot. Also, the new season premieres on the 21st of this month, so it would be a pretty damn good idea to catch up on the last season if you missed it last year.

It's time that I get going to dinner with my wife and his father and some friends. We're celebrating a bit of a milestone for her. I'm really proud of her and the extreme amount of self-control she has exhibited in the past two months. It makes me happy to see her doing good and sticking with something that will ultimately lead our family in the right direction.

So, nothing sarcastic today . . . Nothing poking fun at celebrities or posting goofy pictures or cursing something out or whatnot. It will return once a certain measure of stability returns to my daily schedule. Til then, keep an eye out for random postings. And maybe even a review of a CD that someone e-mailed me. Something the kids are calling . . . "hip-hop"?

2 comments:

Crazy Dan said...

Damnir MONKEY make me laugh!

deestract said...

what will the crazyEds and PsychoDans do now? And the occasional wayward anonymi? Oh, well, I'll stay posted.
I, for one, am glad to hear about your good fortune. And celebrity mocking will always be around for you to come back to. It's like doctors--there's always a need.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)