Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Halo 3 - Bypassing the Hype

I could have waited in line this past Monday. I could have joined my geek brethren in eager anticipation of the final "Halo" game in the series. But I'm 28 fucking years old. And I had to work the next day. Granted, I don't have to be in until 12:15 PM, but I said "screw it". Today, Wednesday, I strolled into a Best Buy and picked up a copy. No lines. No fuss. Just put down my credit card and picked up the most anticipated first person shooter of 2007.

As far as my first impressions go? I've only played through the first 2 levels in the campaign mode. So far, it's looking pretty promising. I was a bit lost at the beginning, but that's just because I never finished the "Halo 2" campaign. It actually bored me. I played the shit out of the multiplayer, but "Halo 2's" story just felt stale. It seems that Bungie took note, and they have amped up the action and the enemies, which is making for a couple of great levels so far.

This weekend, I will try to join in on that whole campaign that Microsoft and Bungie have going on. That's when I'll jump into the multiplayer. Until then, I'll take my time with the game, enjoy what I can, before I devote entirely too much time to playing with other people over XBOX Live. I'm going to have to buy a case of Visine though. My reticular humidity retention is not what it used to be. I've only played the game for an hour at most and my eyes felt like I had just ended a non-stop 8 hour stretch of playing time. I used to do that back when the first "Halo" came out. Oh . . . if only I still had the eyes a 22 year old.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)