Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Metereo-gullible

God bless my wife. She really is smarter than she gives herself credit for. But, there are certain moments when she says things or goes along with things that I say that make me wonder just what the hell is going on in her brain. Like Sunday evening for example. We're headed towards Burbank, to the IKEA because we needed to buy a new television stand. We got a monstruous HD screen for free, but it won't fit it our current rig . . . but that's another story.

It's about 6:00 PM when we're driving to the highway, and the sun's setting. It's a pretty spectacular sight, even for Los Angeles. The sky looks all yellow with some dark spots here and there. My wife loves clouds and sunsets, so she says this:

Heather - Oh man, look at that sky, it's beautiful.

I never miss an opportunity to mess with her, so here's the rest of the exchange.

Me - Yeah, that's nice. That's called "Banana Skies".
Heather - What? Really? Hmm. It looks like it's going to rain.
Me - Well, typically, when you have Banana Skies, it is an indicator that there will be precipitation.
Heather - Ok . . . wait . . . are you serious?

This is where it finally dawned on her that my meteorological term might not be all that accurate. I let off a laugh and then tell her that I made up the whole thing and there is no such thing as "Banana Skies". She tells me that she was totally believing what I was saying and had no reason to doubt me. Somehow, what I said sounded scientifically plausible.

I'll be the first to admit that I have these types of genius moments all the time . . . but it's just funnier when it happens to someone else. And when you're the catalyst for this moment.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)