Monday, April 02, 2007

Party Animal

I had a party in honor of my birthday this past Saturday, and let me tell you, if I remembered everything that happened, it would have marked my most memorable party . . . ever. Oh, you didn't get an invitation? Dude, that's the last time I ever rely on carrier pigeons to deliver my party invites. But, I bet you're wondering what happened. Let me recap what I can remember.

The party started slowly. The Sal showed up at around 4 PM because he wanted to play "Lost Planet: Extreme Condition" on the XBOX 360. Which is fine, we went out to get some Greek food at Daphne's by the old Earthlink offices and then went back home to wait for the other party guests. They started to trickle in at around 8 or 9 pm, I'm not sure. We were not sure who was going to show up and who wasn't, so we planned big. We had bought an enormous bottle of Bacardi at Costco and an equally enormous bottle of cheap Vodka at Trader Joe's. That and assorted juices and soda kept us going through most of the night.

The guests did bring more booze with them. A couple of our friends came with some Dos XX's beer and a very elaborate Tequila gift set, which still remains un-opened in our kitchen. It just looks so fancy it intimidates me.

Enough about the booze talk. We fired up the XBOX 360 and popped in a couple of DVD's of music videos from Spike Jonze, Michel Gondry and Chris Cunningham that kept the TV watchers mesmerized and the minglers entertained. Then, when we were all out of videos, we accessed the hard drive on the 360 and played the stored music. The music player on the 360 has a visualizer that throws out a trippy light show for you which is cool on it's own, but when you've been drinking, it transports you to another dimension. This would have been cool on its own, but I had set up my XBOX Live Vision Camera on top of the TV, and when the light show comes on, if you walk in front of the camera, it captures your image and super-imposes it on the screen as a shadowy figure, so that tripped everyone out when it was first discovered and continued to entertain our guests pretty much for the rest of the night. Yes, our friends are easily entertained.

I laughed a lot, got a lap dance from my wife, and was apparently on fire for a few seconds. Which, btw, marks the first time ever I've caught on fire. I wish I could tell you what happened, but I don't remember much about that time period. All I know is that I was fine and next thing I know my wife's friend is patting my shirt. The shirt is fine though, if you were wondering, and I did not sustain any burns. But there's a picture of me LMAO'ing about it just after it happened. Or at least I think that's what I was laughing at. As I said earlier, I don't quite remember much.

The kickback ended at around 2ish, without a single noise complaint from our neighbors. We don't usually throw big parties, or parties whatsoever, so I guess the figured that this one time they would let it go. I did speak to the cops the morning after, but on a totally unrelated topic. And no, the fuzz was not looking for me.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)