Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Phishing Perpetuating

Here's the latest phishing attempt I have received, through Careerbuilder mind you.

Job offer
Dear Jaime
We have found your resume at careerbuilder.com.

We would like to suggest you a position of a Transfer Manager in our company.The task of the Transfer Manager is to process payments between our clients and our company via bank checks.
The job is related to remote Internet operations.
Every payment order will be accompanied with detailed instructions. It's a commission based position. We guarantee that you get 10% of each processed payment.

General requirements:
- Ability to create good administrative reporting;
- Prior customer service experience is a good benefit, but not a must;
- Willingness to work at home and take the responsibility to set up and achieve goals;
- Honesty, responsibility and promptness in operations;
- Effective interaction with customers;
- Familiarity to online work, Internet and e-mail skills;
- 3-5 hours per week

Salary: $600-$1200 per week

This job will allow you to:
- Efficiently work at home;
- Get additional extra time;
- Achieve financial independence without having tofollow the standard working day schedule (only 1-3 hours per day);
- Develop high self-respect and esteem.
- Become able to share time and money with others less fortunate than you;

Current Vacancies: 5

If you are interested in working with us, or if you need more information, you can contact me directly at my personal email address.

I'll need your full name, telephone number and mail address so I can send you the contract and other paperwork necessary to get started. I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon.
If you agree with our conditions - feel free to sign the contract, send it to me and get ready to start!


If you want visit our website click here
Too good to be true? Yes, actually, I had a run in with this particular type of "work at home" scam a couple of years ago, and actually fell for it. It wasn't really detrimental to me, and it cost me 5 bucks and a lesson well learned. Basically, what they want some sucker to do is deposit a fraudulent check into their checking account. It will take 5 days or so to clear, and then you need to remove the amount (minus your "commission") and send it to them via FedEx.

I should have known better, but I was naive back in the day. This time around, I'm a little more prepared for this.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)