Thursday, November 09, 2006

Phishing for Suckers

I got a phishing e-mail today. I don't get these too often, and when I do, it's usually from Uganda or somewhere like that telling me that someone needed my help in claiming 6 million dollars from some guy's inheritance. This one, is a little different. This particular e-mail looks like it comes from Coca-Cola, and promises that I have won some bogus British lottery prize money worth 1 million Euros. For a second I thought . . . whoa. But then, reality set in. And a quick search on Google for "The Coca Cola Company Official Prize Notification" yeilded the results I was expecting. Here's a screenshot of the e-mail. Don't get suckered.



Oh, and next time you try to defraud me, remember . . . I am a Pepsi drinker. Not much of a Coke fan.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)