Tuesday, May 29, 2007

BAFW on Vacation - AKA "Vacations are for Wusses"

Starting tomorrow, I will be gone for about 5 days while I enjoy time away from Los Angeles. It will be a sort of scientific voyage though, as I will spend those five days in the midst of Mormons. Yes, I am going to Utah, and will be in the Salt Lake City vicinity. It'll be kind of like Jane Goodall studying gorillas, but much whiter.

Why am I going to Utah of all places? Well, my wife's family is currently conglomerated in that state. Her oldest sister has been living there for quite some time with her husband and two kids. Her other not so older sister just moved there this past February after her husband got out of the Marines, and they're there with their two kids. My wife's younger brother, who lives with one of the sisters, is graduating from High School this week, so that's the catalyst that initiated this whole trip.

I managed to get five days off while only using 3 vacation days at work, and I didn't even have to trade in sexual favors for that. The days I'm taking off were completely blacked out, but the floor manager told me he appreciated my proactive stance on the issue, letting him know months in advance rather than a week before that I needed this time off. Plus, we had bought the tickets and made these plans way before I even had begun working for my current employer, and the tickets were not refundable. At least I think they're not. Which really helped me in the end, because there's no way I'm wasting 200+ dollars.

So, what does this mean to you? Loyal reader(s?) of "Blogs are for Wusses"? No posts until I return. I don't even know if they have the "internets" in Utah. I've never been there. And no, I won't return with more than one wife. Let me tell you . . . one's enough. So, enjoy whatever Lindsay Lohan does for the next five days and laugh as Paris Hilton begins her stint in jail . . . which should last about a week.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)