Friday, January 18, 2008

Opening Weekend Movies - 1/18/2008

27 Dresses - Total chick flick. Katherine Heigl plays the forever bridesmaid who finds love with Cyclops from the X-Men movie. I think his name is James Mardsen. I think. The trailer will possibly disclose his name. Who cares. I have zero interest in this. My wife, on the other hand, has a platonic crush on Heigl, and probably will want to see this either in the theaters or on DVD. All I know is that I will eventually watch this movie, wether I want to or not. Hell, if she continues on this Heigl crush, we might even pick up the "Roswell" TV show on DVD. Who knows. Trailer below to satiate your chick-flick needs.



Cloverfield - OMG it's finally here. I love giant monster terrorizing people movies. Almost as much as I like zombie flicks. Which is why, "Cloverfield" is my pick of the week. And thankfully, my wife is fully on board with watching this movie. We're going to check this out tomorrow, after I get out of work (ugh . . Saturday? at work? What the fuck is happening to me?) early, to avoid the crowds. And I hope there are crowds that go see this. J.J. Abrams needs a solid theatrical hit right now, even though he's only producing this movie. The trailer makes it look amazing. You might have already seen it here, but check it out again anyway.



Mad Money - I watched half of the trailer for this movie, and I had to stop myself from shooting the computer. With my imaginary gun. I'd never shoot you computer . . . you're my only friend. Um . . . oh yeah, "Mad Money". Diane Keaton, Queen Latifah (does she have a first name?) and Katie Holmes concoct a plan to steal money that's about to be destroyed in an effort to recycle the money. So, in a sense, it's a chick-empowering heist movie with conservationist undertones. Or, as I like to call it . . . garbage. Watch the trailer and see for yourself.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)