Friday, July 27, 2007

Relationships End

I broke up with Picturetrail.com. I just didn't feel like paying 20 bucks a year to host 500 pictures. What does this mean to BAFW? Well, pretty much the first half of this blog's history lost all of the pictures. They're probably showing up as red x's. I had started a picture migration project (or PiMP as I was calling it in my head) a couple of months ago . . . but do you know how tedious that is? I just didn't have the required man power and hours to undertake such a task. So, I let it go. But the posts still have the genius of my written words. That's never going to go away baby.

Photobucket.com is currently hosting my pictures. Apart from being a tad overzealous in regards to the more salacious pictures, they seem to be OK. So far. Sure, their 25 GB's of bandwidth cap/month seems a bit myopic, but I can deal with it.

EDIT - It took about 7 days for Photobucket.com to send me an e-mail telling me that I am getting dangerously close to exceeding their 25 GB's of bandwidth/month. One week people. This should not affect the newer pictures on the site, just the older ones. Once I hit my limit, they'll be back on August 20th . . . for another 7 days if traffic keeps going at the current all time high rate right now. I've had this month, so far, just under 40,000 page views. That beats May 2006's all time high of 35,000. If only all of you people clicked on the ads a little more . . . I could pay for the picture hosting.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)