Monday, July 16, 2007

Just Your Typical Sunday

Yesterday was one of the rare occasions when I have a Sunday off, so the wife and I spent the day together. Nothing much in the way of super interesting things throughout the early part of the day. We woke up a bit on the late side, so we did not have breakfast, but ended up getting some lunch at this place called "The Oinkster" in Eagle Rock. She had a cheeseburger and fries (french/freedom) and I had the pastrami with fries. Heather was not all that impressed with her burger, but I enjoyed the pastrami. It is not served as salty as I'm used to eating it, but it was good. A bit on the pricey side though. Our meals ended up being just over 20 bucks, and I don't know how much you might make, but around here, for fast food . . . that's maybe a little bit much.

Next up on the agenda was to drive the route that my wife would have to take today to go to her first day orientation for the new job she just took on. A job which I referred her to at the bank, which means that 6 months from now, if she's still employed and doing well, I get a $500.00 bonus. I don't have a doubt in my mind that she won't do good. She's bright, hard working, and great with customers. And no, we won't be telling you which branch she's going to be working in. Partly because of privacy, but also because we don't work in a branch. Not all bank employees work in branches you know. Actually, the branch people are all idiots, and we kind of look down upon them. I don't care if they wear shirts and ties to work and we go in with jeans and t-shirts to work . . . they're all a bunch of idiots who don't know what the fuck they're doing. And that goes for every bank, not just the one we work for.

So, back to our Sunday. After that, we went to Pasadena, to my mother's house, to hang out in her pool for a couple of hours. Since we don't have a pool of our own, and it was close to 100 degrees yesterday, it was the only logical thing to do. We hung out there, had a little watermelon, chatted with my brother, step-father and mother about this and that, and took off after a quick shower (to get the chlorine off of me . . . my skin hates chlorine). We headed back home, but since it was still hot as balls, we took off for the nearest Best Buy to escape the heat and pick up a couple of items.

We didn't really need anything, but we wanted to test out if my wife's old employee discount still worked. She quit Best Buy for the job at the bank 2 weeks ago, and since we needed an aux-cable to hook up her iPod Shuffle to her Mazda 3's stereo, we thought we'd check out the price at least. She picked up a Dynex (Best Buy's brand) that retailed for just over 13 bucks. We took it over to a nearby computer, she keyed in her employee number, and the computer read back to us . . . . $1.23. Yes, one dollar and twenty-three cents. So, we took the cable, and walked around the DVD aisles for a bit, looking for something we had not yet seen. We settled for "Talladegah Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby", which was retailing for $19.99. We took our items to the register, she told the check out girl it would be an employee purchase, and lo and behold, it worked. We walked out of there paying 21 dollars and change, including tax, for something that a normal person walking in would have had to pay close to 40 bucks. Take that Best Buy!

Feeling a little hungry, and seeing a Costco next to the Best Buy, we figured we'd get some hot dogs and a soft drink for dinner. Costco is great for a cheap meal in a pinch, and since neither of us had any cash (who carries paper money anymore?), we raided my change cup for some funds, and managed to wrangle $3.25 in quarters, nickles and dimes. I felt like an old lady when it came to paying. But, that's not really the memorable part. As we were waiting in line, my wife leans over and whispers in my ear: "Look at the girl to your right". I do, and as I'm trying to figure out what she's talking about . . . I see it. A nipple, poking out of the top of this chick's tank top, in plain sight. And she does not realize it. It's like that nipple had lost all sensation on it. Her boyfriend walked up a couple of minutes later, and both my wife and I looked away. I think he let her know, because when we payed and walked away with our hotdogs and drinks, my wife told me that the nipple was no longer in sight.

After eating our dinner, we went home, played a little X Box 360 arcade games (she played the original Sonic the Hedgehog and I played Golden Axe . . . blasts from the past man) and watched the movie. During the movie, while going to the bathroom (not at the same time) we discovered a 5-legged spider living in our bathroom. We have no idea where it came from, or when it became disabled, but I named it "Gimpy" and let him stay there in his corner. We had to call it a night shortly after watching "Entourage" because Heather had to be at work at 8:30 AM (I just talked to her . . . she got there 45 minutes early) and that pretty much ended our Sunday.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)