Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A Breather

So, work has got me pretty ragged lately. I just came off a 6 week work binge that has left me feeling like taking an early retirement. I'm already looking at convalescent homes where I can spend my golden years. I just need to find one where they can puree my food, because chewing's for suckers. But, that's pretty much why posting is sparse these days. Sure, I try to keep it semi-regular, but some days I'm just too tired or trying to catch up on lost sleep in the morning. But, today, finally, I have a day off, and tomorrow I'm not scheduled either. I just wish there were more interesting things to post about. Everything is "Lindsay Lohan arrested" stories or "Britney Spears meltdowns" this and that. It's played out. Unless one of them actually kills someone, I'm not posting about them.

In work related news, despite having the worst work schedule known to man, I am excelling. I'm currently holding the 4th spot as far as our stats go in the whole customer service center. In previous positions that I've held, being number 4 might not have been such a big deal. With Earthlink, there were probably 45 employees in the department, and when I was working at Panda Software (not Express, I did not work in a Chinese fast food restaurant . . . yet), it was like 10 technical support agents (that was for the entire United States!), but now that I work for one of the biggest companies in the world, being number 4 is a pretty big deal. There are close to 150 associates in my center, and I've been consistently in the top ten. Which is padding my paycheck with bonuses.

And now that my wife is undergoing the training, I'm just waiting for her to hit the 6 month mark so I can get my $500 bonus. I'm such a mercenary sometimes. That's just the kind of world we live in though. Money money money. That's all that is important. I'm getting close to my 6 month of employment, which ends my commitment to Customer Service, so I'm also looking to move up in the company. I'll probably be meeting with someone to coordinate my career advancement within the next week. Damn, that sounds so fucking adult. Don't worry, I won't stop posting. I have noticed that traffic has increased this month exponentially. It's close to 24,000 page views just this month. What the hell are you people looking for? I don't even post the "Search-mania" entries which were pretty much designed to attract hits like flies to shit. I don't get it, but whatever. I'm not turning away free traffic.

So, that's what's going on. I might have a review of "Afro Samurai" today or tomorrow . . . if I'm not too lazy to finish the DVD I bought like 2 weeks ago. 'Til then, I'm going back to sleep. It's almost 8 AM, and I need a couple of hours of shut-eye before I can contemplate on wether I'm going to the gym or if I'm just going to toss money out the window on a membership I never use.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)