Saturday, June 02, 2007

Travel-log (6022007-1036)

It's morning on Saturday, the 2nd of June, and we've now been in Utah for a solid 3 days. We're working on our 4th. Spending time with family is fun and all, but the air mattress we've been provided does little for comfort. I'm not complaining though. There's always a price to pay for a good time. But my wife and I can't wait to get back home to our mattress.

Seeing the little ones has been fun as well. My nephew Noah is a hoot. All he likes to do is sneak up on me, smack me on the leg, and then run away while I pretend to not be able to catch him. My niece Caitlin is adorable. She does that to, but she spends more time with my wife because she's her favorite aunt. Then there's Nick and Colton . . . who are just a couple of blond tazmanian devils. But, it's good to see them.

All in all, so far, it's been worth it coming to Utah. There was a time when my wife and I were seriously considering moving here. Now that we've experienced it, we've come to the realization that it's a nice place to visit. Maybe if we hit the lottery (you know, if we ever start playing) we would buy a vacation home out here so we could come and go as we please back to civilization. It's very rural out here. But, if you're ever in Tooele, UT, stop by a place called "Leatherby's". Ice cream sundaes that could put you in a diabetic coma. They're awesome.

We also attended my brother in law's high school graduation. It was held in a barn. Well, actually, it was where they hold the cattle during state fairs, which is technically a barn. It's a good thing his graduating class was not as large as mine, or I would have died. The seating was cramped and uncomfortable, and it felt like it was in the 90's despite air conditioning.

My wife is calling me now. Breakfast and then I'm pretty sure we're going to a couple of little leauge baseball games. We come back to Los Angeles tomorrow. Our backs can't wait.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)