Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Box Office Report - Da Booty

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End - The third PotC movie makes a big splash on the big screen as it takes the top spot for the second time in a row, despite a meteoric drop in proceeds. Still, number one is number one right? Those guys at Disney must be shitting bricks made out of solid gold. But, is the movie any good? I don't know. I refuse to go watch this. Fuck-a-pirates.

Knocked Up - This movie did incredibly well this past weekend during it's opening run, making just under 30 million and nabbing the highest per-screen average of any other movie this past weekend. This bodes well for more Judd Apatow helmed movies, which is good. I'm planning on catching this movie tomorrow. Don't spoil it for me.

Shrek the Third - The green ogre keeps making money for Dreamworks, as the movie crosses the quarter of a billion dollar mark this past weekend. I don't know why parents keep taking their kids to see this movie? It looks terrible. Just how many fart jokes are you willing to subject your progeny to?

Mr. Brooks - This movie I had seen trailers for but it did not really interest me much. Kevin Costner is not a big draw for me. But at least he's not directing this one. Otherwise, it'd be 4+ hours long and instead of being a killer, he'd be an American Indian from the future who is trying to stay afloat in an ocean world . . . while pretending to not be a killer.

Spider-Man 3 - It's the weekend of trilogies. Three out of the top 5 are all #3 movies. This one, the first third picture in a series that I saw, thoroughly disappointed me. I don't care that the CG was some of the best I've seen ever in the Spider-Man franchise. I don't care that it ties up loose ends. It just feels like too much movie which spends its time either showing someone crying or meandering in a direction-less plot that feels like a Kevin Costner directed movie.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)