Friday, August 17, 2007

Opening Weekend Movies - 8/17/07

Invasion - This, I'm pretty sure but I haven't checked yet, is a remake of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers". It stars Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig, and while it looks somewht interesting, I'm not hearing great things about it. It might do well in theaters this weekend, but I'm thinking another movie will be stealing it's invasioning thunder.

The Last Legion - I haven't really heard much about this movie other than it's about a young Roman emperor who embarks on a perilous journey to find the last legion who is loyal to the empire. And that's just what I read at the Yahoo! movies page. It could be interesting, but again, it's going to be eclipsed by something else that's opening this weekend . . . and no, it's not going to be "Invasion"

Superbad - This is the movie to watch this weekend. It's an R-rated teen comedy with plenty of swearing and adult situations, which is just what this summer movie season needs. Plus, Michael Cera is hilarious. I've been wanting to see him in a movie for quite sometime after "Arrested Development" was yanked off the air by FOX (those bastards!). This is what my wife and I are watching this weekend, hopefully not with a movie crowd that constitutes the lowest common denominator of the movie-going public . . . much like the crowd we watched the "Simpsons Movie" with a couple of weeks back. Nothing ruins a movie more than a bunch of morons that think they can talk throughout the whole screening. Fuck I hate people.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)