Tuesday, March 27, 2007

28 Years Later

No, it's not the continuation of the "28 Days Later" and "28 Weeks Later" movies, although, my life needs a little zombie battling action. I mean, whose doesn't right? My 28th year on this planet is looming ever so closely, and I, for the first time in my long and storied existence on this stellar body we call "Earth" . . . am not all that excited about it. I don't know why. Maybe it's because the previous 27 birthdays haven't been all that memorable. I'm not your typical party animal I guess. I'm more comfortable hanging out with a drink and chilling rather than getting all crazy drunk (crunk) and inciting a riot that would attract the attention of the police.

Which is what might happen this weekend, when my wife is throwing me a little get-together/party with a few of our friends. There's always potential for mayhem when these sorts of things happen. I've been to the parties that have been held at some of these people's houses, and they tend to get buck-wild. Me, being the conciderate prick that I am, am actually worried that we'll get a noise complaint and that I'll have to deal with a couple of cops on that night. I'm planning on drinking, so I can only imagine that any conversation I have with the fuzz while inebriated might not end well for me.

So, would that end up being the ultimate present? Will Jaime have a run in with the long arm of the law on his birthday? I guess you'll have to tune in next week to find out. I wonder if they have internet access at the local jails these days. Instead of getting my one free phone call, I could opt out and get one free blog post. Oh man, this isn't even funny.

But, it could all end well and thanks to my wife, end up being the best birthday ever. I'm going with this one. Regardless of what happens, keep coming back for more, people.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)