Friday, July 08, 2005

Being Bobby Brown . . .

. . . is a fate that I would not wish upon my most feared enemy (of which I have plenty, being so super is really taxing on the enemy front). But hey, looks like Bravo has decided to not air something homesexual related for once. My brain is currently divided as to what my opinion the television show is. Half of it thinks it's the worst crap ever filmed, we're talking worse that the Spice Girls movie . . . and the other half (the sadistic one I might add) loves that someone had the balls to actually put this on television.

I mean, it's Bobby Brown. The opening of one of the episodes had him talking to two middle aged white men and asking them if they recognized him. They didn't, obviously, I think they just thought he was a lazy waiter with a film crew following him around. It's ok though, 'cause Bobby made it a little easier for them by putting his hands behind his back as if they were handcuffed and bowed his head in pretend shame. Then the two white guys were able to tell who he was.

There is not one ounce of gravitas to this show. One segment I viewed had him arguing with a shoe. Yes, he was drunk, but let me reiterate. A SHOE! Not a pair. Just one. "Get off me shoe! Quit following me around!" Granted, the shoe was stuck to his pant leg by some odd reason, but still . . . instead of reaching down and manually removing the shoe, he kept kicking around like an idiot, while the shoe stayed where it was . . . loosely attached to his pants.

In case you're wondering, yes, Whitney Houston does show up, and yes, she is as crazy as you thought she was. She's so damn out of her mind that she makes Bobby seem normal. That's saying a lot. He's close to retarded, but when Whitney's around, he almost comes off as an idiot savant. And she's such a damn diva too. Totally out of touch with the reality that is her long lost fame. Even when a couple of tourists (they filmed them when they were on vacation . . from what? I have no idea) tried taking pictures with her, she flat out declined. Bobby, on the other hand, was extremely happy to take pictures with the one or two fans he's got left. I mean, I still bump that Ghostbusters rap he made, but really, what's he done lately that is even considered barely decent.

I'm starting to think that the sadistic half of my brain is winning out on wether I will continue to watch this. I'm in no way endorsing this program. You'd be way better off watching 30 Days, The Inside, Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me, or any other quality programming . . . I think this will become a guilty pleasure for me. Kinda like The Surreal World. I don't watch it 'cause it's insightful . . . I just want to see what outlandish thing happens next.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)