Friday, April 25, 2008

Opening Weekend Movies - 4/25/2008

Baby Mama - Hmm . . . looks like refried shit. Sure, there are some funny people involved in this turd-fest of a movie, but it seems like they're in it for the paycheck. Which I can understand. But, don't expect me to go to your movie if you're just going to dial it in like a punk.



Deception - Hugh Jackman and Ewan McGregor star in this thriller about a mild mannered accountant that gets sucked into a world of sexy . . . wait for it . . . deception. Despite its lackluster namesake, this movie actually looks interesting. I don't know if I'll be watching it, but it is rated "R". So, there might be a booby or an ass shown. If you're lucky, it won't be a male ass.



Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay - Wow. Another "Harold and Kumar" movie. I went into watching their White Castle escapade hopeful that I had finally found a stoner comedy worth watching not stoned (not that I do that anyway . . . ahem). I was fairly disappointed to say the least. When I first started seeing the teaser trailers for their newest cinematic outing, I was instantly repulsed by it. The trauma of the last movie still lingering in my subconscious. But, I keep seeing little bits and pieces of this movie online and in commercials . . . and I don't know . . . I kinda want to see it now. Is that weird. Does that make me co-dependent and masochistic all at the same time?

They even have a red trailer. Maybe they're trying to sweet-talk me into watching it, and then they'll slap me in the face with mediocrity.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)