Friday, February 15, 2008

Text'd Miscommunication

I've been having a problem with a referral bonus I should have gotten last month for getting my wife a job at the bank. It's really hard to find help sometimes when you work for an organization this large. If you don't know the right people, it can be hell. I happen to know one of those right people, a unit manager in the Glendale call center, so I turned to him for help. Once securing that help, I text messaged my wife this message.
Me: Hugo is going to help us with that referral bonus.
I got this message back from her.
Wife: Best thing I've heard all day. Unlimited meat coming your way. I'll explain later.
At this point, I'm thinking cool, she's happy that we're getting help with our problem, and somehow she's scored us an unlimited source of meat. Hot damn it's a good day. I reply with this message.
Me: I hope that the meat is cooked at some point.
Then, I get this message from her.
Wife: I'm confused, I don't think you got what I was saying.
And indeed, I did not know what she was talking about. But that message cemented the fact that we were not actually going to get all the free meat we could handle. So I sadly replied with the text message below.
Me: Awww . . . does this mean we don't get free meat?
She didn't reply to that one because a couple of hours later, we were once again together after finishing our respective shifts. What she was talking about was a scenario that someone in her training class had mention involving Brazilian BBQ (I want me some of that now) and unlimited meat. She thought it was funny because her mind is in the gutter. Normally, I would have gotten it too if I weren't so preoccupied with getting my missing money.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)