Friday, December 21, 2007

Opening Weekend Movies - 12/21/2007

Charlie Wilson's War - I had not heard about this movie until I saw the commercial for it this week. From the looks of this, it might be an actually good movie. It has Tom Hanks, Phillip Seymour Hoffman and . . . ugh . . . Julia Roberts? Really? I have to rethink my previous assessment of this movie now. I am not a fan of that big (literally) mouthed actress. Might pick this up on DVD though. Who knows.

National Treasure: Book of Secrets - The first "National Treasure" movie was an entertaining but rather forgettable action romp. Not sure why they're making another one. But it looks like everyone involved with the first movie is coming back for another paycheck. I'm not sure if I want to see Nick Cage do his impersonation of a drunk Elvis Presley for an hour and a half again, but once again, a few months from now, when we're struggling to find a good DVD title to watch, I might give this a chance.

P.S. I Love You - Chick-flick alert! Hillary Swank stars in this movie about a woman who loses the man she loves (played by Ruppert Everett of "300" loined-clothed fame) and now must look for love while she flashes back or has ghostly apparitions of her former lover. I think that's what this is about. I could be wrong. But then again, does anyone care?

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street - Officially the longest title of the week, this Johnny Depp musical . . . wait, musical? What the fuck is up with Tim Burton these days. Everything he does is a musical now. Get back to making dark movies. I don't care how much blood or killing this movie has. It's a musical. Pfft . . . I'm passing on this one.

Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story - John C. Reilly is a funny man. It's good to finally see him carrying a comedy on his own. And this is not a musical like the previous movie. It's a satire on music biopics. That makes it different. I might actually catch this in theaters. Just for a laugh or two on a matinee.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)