Monday, December 18, 2006

Happy Holidays - Now with Bonus Eye-Swelling

When I woke up this morning, I didn't feel bad. Kinda great actually. Well, for a Monday, I'm guessing that not wanting to kill the world (maybe just South America) qualifies as great for me. I get some breakfast, nothing out of the ordinary, get washed up and dressed, and head out to work.

One hour into it, I have to take my morning whizz. After doing so, I'm looking at myself in the mirror (who could resist really . . . not even me) while I'm washing my hands, and I notice something not quite right. The area just below my lower eyelid looks a bit on the puffy side. Like some sort of allergic reaction. It looks like bee-stings actually.

So, I head back to the office. You know, the one that has the rampant mold problem that is being handled by the one air purifier and I show both my supervisor and manager (who, by the looks of it, are having a pretty terrible time themselves . . . minus the eye swelling). They ask me to walk over to HR so I can be their poster boy for what's wrong with our office. I march my steadily swelling ass there and, of course, they're all in a product meeting.

I tell my supervisor that I'm going to take a quick ride to Long's Drugs to get some Benadryl'ish medicine. Maybe the anti-histamines can bring the swelling down. I get some, take it, and now that I'm sitting here . . . typing this, my head feels all swimmy. But my eyes still feel swollen. I haven't check them in a bit, because I haven't had to take a leak yet.

I don't know why they haven't fixed the problem yet. They had a whole weekend to go in there and fix this shit up. I had to miss work on Friday and I used up my last sick day of the year then. If I have to go home today, because of this eye-swelling condition, I'm most likely going to be out a day's pay. I don't want that. And while I might get the day off paid, that's like wishing I won the lottery when I don't actually play it. We're talking longshot here. These are the people that give out promotions and then don't give raises for said promotions. Take that into account.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)