Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas Loot

Christmas speaks to my materialistic side. I don't have a problem getting presents. I love them actually. This year, my wife and I set up a budget so that we wouldn't get into too much trouble with bills and the such. Here's what I got.

Reading Material - She sure knows what I like. She got me all 4 Halo novels and a couple of trade paperback comic books (100 Bullets vol 9 & Fables vol 7). I have already gone through the comic books, because I'm a bit of a nerd. The books I will begin soon.

Viewing Material - Superman Returns (Widescreen), V for Vendetta (Widescreen) and Lucky Number Slevin (Widescreen) DVD's. The first two I had seen, and she got for me because they were comic book movies. The third one is something I wanted to watch but never got around to because of time constraints and/or monetary issues. But, now I have a chance to watch it. It looks good.

Wearing Material - Boxer briefs (cause I like it snug) and crew socks (no tubes for me) and a t-shirt with John Cleese and a famous quote from a Monty Python movie. Some warm gloves were also given to me as part of my stocking stuffer.

High-Tech Toys - An X-Box Live Vision Camera, a wireless 360 Controller with a Play and Charge kit and a 1 Gig USB thumb-drive. Pretty much everything I hinted at for the past couple of months.

Stocking Stuffers - This was my first year of doing stockings . . . and I failed miserably at it. My wife, an accomplished pro at it, did much better. A couple of the things listed above were put in my stocking, but in addition to that, a few pounds (yes . . . pounds/lbs) of chocolate and other candies, a little Buddha organizer and a card game.

So, while I didn't get any flat screen televisions and the such, I think I did pretty well. I got some gift cards and cash/checks from other family members which helped me buy "Gears of War" yesterday. I still have some cash left behind from that. I might go out and buy me a fancy electric razor. They one I have is dying on me. Not sure what else I might buy myself, but I know for sure I'm going to let the malls die down a little before venturing into them. While I like sales, I don't like the crowds that will be swarming consumer establishments around this time of the year.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)