Wednesday, December 27, 2006

E-mail and Grievances

I got an e-mail today at work from a coworker who happens to read my blog. He/she (to maintain anonymity) took offense to a comment that was on a post that was directed towards someone else that I work with . . . a certain PC doctor's (or candy-striper if you ask me) whose then absence from work for a prolonged period of time due to "illness" was causing me a lot of stress. I think I had made a mention that his juniors were not working as hard as they should, and then I got this e-mail in my inbox today.
Jaime, if you have something to say about me or my work ethics, please take it up with me and my manager and not the entire world on your blog. I don’t appreciate being called names or being slandered on someone’s blog.
Now, here's the comment that he/she is having a problem with.
(G)et your ass to work. Your wonder twins are not doing a lick of work. They keep taking breaks to go to liquor stores and/or coffee shops with their BFF's.
A couple of things that I'm having a problem with here. Sure, I called him/her a "Wonder Twin" . . . but not which one? Maybe it was the one that turns into a bear or an eagle instead of the one that turns into a bucket of water or a letter opener. Secondly, the entire world is going to be looking at this? That might be a little bit of an exaggeration. Even if someone from Germany were to happen upon that particular blog post, they wouldn't even care because it's not a post about shize-movies starring a drunk Hermione from the Harry Potter movies. So, relax, the whole world is not in on it. Thirdly, the guy the post was directed to is your direct superior, so . . . in a round-a-bout way, I was taking it up with your "manager". And lastly (I'm pretty sure that's a word) . . . I don't mention any names, so how are you being "slandered" if no one knows it's you. And how do you know that I am talking to you now. It could be . . . someone else. That's the beauty of anonymity. I respect your desire to not be "slandered", but who's going to know it's you . . . unless you see something in that comment that has some semblance of truth.

Get over it. I don't see Britney Spears getting pissed off at the fact that I posted her upskirts on my blog. If you want to be mad at me, then go ahead. It doesn't bother me. But realize that I don't make shit up. I speak, or in this case, type my opinions that are based on some fact. I'm not going to make a big deal about this. I'm going to let it go. I don't want to keep having to use my 15 minute breaks to post explanations as to why I do the things that I do. You're an OK guy/girl. But I'm not apologizing for what I type.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think he was referring to the BFF comment more than anything. I know the comment is directed towards me, ernie, mike or whoever might be in charge at the given moment and to tell you the truth, I could give a flying f**k. Now, it's a known fact that you have been complaining about the two individuals for a while. Somehow with their mystery long breaks and lunches they are able to produce more than anyone in the department, with the exception of you last month. We all bust our balls to get our work done, you included. No one says anything about you posting on your blog or researching for your next big post. Trust me, if I was bored enough I could sit and break your balls about it constantly, but I dont. I don't appreciate those types of comments directed at others at work, it's childish. Just stick to your lindsay lohan crotch shots and stop bugging them and they will stop bugging you. If you have any other questions or complaints, feel free to direct them to me.

Jaime said...

I appreciate your comments and views on the topic at hand. I don't complain just for complaining's sake. Also, this is a personal blog. Thank you for not busting my balls about posting at work . . . but what I write here is pretty much whatever I want. If you don't want me to post while at work, then tell me. Don't rub it in my face. Let's be adult about it. Notice the time that I am writing this. I'm officially on break right now. While I might run around the internet while on the phone with clients, I'm pretty much always working and not taking (what may seem like) and infinite amount of smoke breaks and "go to the store breaks" and "go into the server room and joke around" breaks or "go into the manager's office and shoot the shit" breaks.

And, I like to vent. It's therapeutic and I don't name names. I don't say so and so is doing things. I keep it anonymous. Maybe my flaw is that I actually speak out about things (or post in this case) that are currently pissing me off rather than "deal" with it by ignoring a problem. So, it looks like just one jackass (me) that is making a big deal about it when other people might be having the same issue . . . but choose to not say anything about it. That's their decision of course.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)