Friday, October 31, 2008

The End of A Week that Felt Like an Era AKA: BAFW Vacation Pre-Cursor Post

I'm sure you've heard (or in this case read) me harp about my disdain for the end of the month. My job gets intense around then. Everything kicks into high gear and my teammates and I are doing anything (within the realm of federal and banking regulations) to meet and hopefully exceed or goal to ensure a nice fat bonus check the next month. Two fifteen hour days (5 AM - 8 PM) followed by a 5 AM - 2 PM day that caps off what I like to call "Collections Hell Week".

Today was specially tough on me as not only did I have to get through that, but I also needed to prepare to take a trip out to Utah to meet my wife who flew out there Thursday morning. My work obligations kept me in Los Angeles until now. But that meant that, after work today, I couldn't really just kick my shoes and vegge out in front of my big screen. No. I had to get to the store to pick up some stuff up that I needed for my 12 hour drive (I heard I could probably do it in 10) tomorrow morning. Which means I had to get my car in tip-top shape. Oil change, tire rotation, etc. I also had to drop off my dog at my mom's, who graciously offered to dog-sit for me over the weekend. I also had to take my wife's car to the body shop to mend a fender bender so that my wife could have her car back by the time we're back in town, which also meant I had to take public transportation (gasp!) home after that.

A pretty full day after having to wake up at 3:30 AM to get to work by 5 AM today. But now it's all winding down. I'm making a ton of CD's to keep me entertained (and awake) on the road. And it's also, officially the beginning of BAFW vacation # . . . . umm . . . I lost track of which vacation number this is this year. I know it's definitely the last one for the year. After this, I think I have 3 hours left which will shorten one of my days sometime between now and the end of the year.

So, I'll be gone for a few days. I'll set the robo-poster to throw out some video posts while I'm gone. There are some pretty cool things hitting theaters that you should know about. Keep posted while I'm gone for more details. In the meantime, I'm off to some relaxation and well deserved rest. I'll see you cool kids around.

BAFW Out!

Yes, a Seacrest joke. I was feeling ironic.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)