Friday, September 02, 2005

Unemployment Line . . Here I Come

Today is officially my last day as an employee of Earthlink. It's been almost a year and a half of dealing with irate customers, retarded customers, forgetful customers, and . . . argh! I hate customers. Anyway, as unemployment looms in the horizon, a few beacons of light are starting to appear in the distance.

I have two interviews scheduled for Tuesday about 5 miles from where I live. One's a customer service (argh!!) position and the other one is an inside sales position. I'm somewhat interested in the sales because it's not telemarketing. The customers call in looking to buy. So, it can't be that hard. Even though I hate people, the customer service position does have an appropiate pay rate that might make it tolerable to work there. And both these places are close to home. With recent gas price hikes, this has become a real concern for me.

On Thursday of next week I have another position for a telcom customer service position. It's supposed to be a luxury company for people that don't like paying what the regular folks like you and me pay for their cellphone bills. It would require me to pamper them like the spoiled rich babies that they are, but hey . . . at the hourly rate they're offering, that's no problem.

I'm still waiting to hear from the first company that I applied to for an inside sales position. That one fell by the wayside, but my resume made it's way to the customer service manager via my contact in the company. I might be better suited for that department, and their offices are right next to the two places where I'm interviewing on Tuesday. This would be an ideal area to find employment in.

I do need to take the luxury of declining the positions that I nailed via interview on Wednesday of this week. Sure, I could start working at either of these places on Tuesday of next week . . . but the pay is all wrong and the office environments are not up to par with my spoiled cubicle tastes. And the commutes are tough. They're about 15 miles away from where I live and not exactly freeway accessible.

So, wish me luck bitches. Unless I start making thousands of dollars overnight from ad revenue, I'm going to need it.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

I, too, hate people. I could NOT do any of those jobs.

deestract said...

Well, Jaime, c'est la vie...You'll be fine, I'm sure. Lots of luck, and once you find a proper cubically-sound place within your 5-mile radius (I commute 50 miles a day!!) maybe you could toss the sal a bone...*shrug* just a thought.

Jaime said...

the Sal needs his bone tossed around actually. maybe you could help him out with th . . . oh wait.

deestract said...

=-|

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)