Friday, December 14, 2007

Opening Weekend Movies - 12/14/2007

Alvin and the Chipmunks - Who really wanted to see a CG version of this rather lame cartoon series from the 80's? If you're saying "me me me!" then you deserve an Acme brand anvil to drop on your head. Shake it off though . . . or die, doesn't really matter to me. If you were asking for this movie to come out, then fuck you. And just what is going on with Jason Lee? He used to be my favorite actor some time ago. Dating all the way to "Mallrats". Sure, he does the Kevin Smith movie occasionally when the big movie studios decide to get their heads out of their asses, but the majority of the projects he gets involved in are kids movies. Didn't he just do the voice for "Underdog"? Sure, he might be making tons of cash while selling out, but I think he needs some sort of intervention.

I Am Legend - Finally, a movie that I've wanted to see for a long time comes out, and it's very likely I will catch this in theaters over the weekend. I don't even care that it's Will Smith that's starring in this. The movie just looks bad ass. This is what BAFW recommends you watch this weekend.

The Perfect Holiday - I get it. It's the holiday season. Christmas movies come out at this time. But I don't have to like it. These things should be relegated to coming out either straight to video or maybe debuting on a lame ass cable TV channel. You know, like Lifetime or WE. Don't go watch this, or any other Christmas themed movie this year. It's just a waste of your valuable dollars and time.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)