Thursday, June 01, 2006

Knee-Jerk Reactions - Fight Night Round 3

So, I got the games from Gamefly yesterday, and I popped in Fight Night Round 3 into the XBOX 360 and clicked on the "Play Now" option. I don't recommend this. You start out with this weird button configuration that has you using the analog sticks to punch. I spent a couple of rounds getting the shit knocked out of my boxer because I kept clicking on buttons and nothing was happening.

So, naturally, I got pissed off and then took the game out of the console and popped in the other game. I came back to this game later last night after having a chat with a friend of mine while a certain someone was playing Bejeweled 2. I'm not saying who was playing that XBOX Live Arcade game . . . but she is, apparently, not a nerd and does not play video games.

So, after changing the button configuration to something a little more workable and caused less strain on my palms, I created a boxer that kinda looks like me with a faux-hawk . . . which my wife, who was definetely not playing Bejeweled 2 (wink), wants me to get. I then got into the game and now I know why it got a 10 rating from the Official XBOX Magazine (OXM). It is graphically stunning. When you deliver a face-jolting punch that makes your opponent stumble, it looks beautiful. The controls, after you get used to them, or just down-right change them to something not retarded, work pretty well.

I'm glad I didn't immediately send this back to Gamefly. I'm going to be playing this for a few weeks. I recommend you either rent or buy this. You won't be disappointed. My only gripe . . . well, not a gripe, but it's more like a "where did that come from?", are the bikini girls with the round cards. I mean, are they everywhere? Even the small, run-down gyms or warehouses? Do bikini-clad chicks just spend their free time around boxing rigs and then do this for a fight that has a $200 purse??? I'd think not. But hey, it's just a game.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)