Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The English Language in the Shitter

It is my own personal opinion (almost bordering on fact actually) that the English language is slowly spiraling down the shitter, as more and more people just plain and outright misuse it. Case in point, this little piece of brilliance I found, appropriately, at my work's men's room . . . in one of their shitters. Now, I appreciate the effort to remind people to not be dirty, and to try to keep the area as clean as possible . . . but "please pick up behind yourself"? WTF? Pick up what behind myself? Did they mean "after" instead of "behind"? Someone already made an attempt at comprehension. When you click on the picture to make it bigger, someone wrote in "take toilet with you". It's not very visible, but it's there.

*sigh* What the fuck work. This is not the only instance of either a misspelling or a completely different word used than what should have been used. I'll try to get more picture evidence. Oooh, now I feel like one of those corporate spies. But I don't shoot on micro-film and I'm not packing a silenced 9mm.

Yet. . . . .

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)