Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Hello 2010 & 2009 Holiday Wrap Up

Yes, BAFW has been on a sort of hiatus while I was on vacation the last couple of weeks of December 2009. What was I doing? Pretty much enjoying some much needed family time. Christmas came and went and it was better than last year. So that's a plus. My wife told me she didn't need to return/exchange a single present I gave her for Christmas, which is a rousing success for me, since in the past I've gotten her things that have left her scratching her head wondering if the gift was really for her.

And don't get me started on what she got me. I won't list everything, but she got me comics, videogames, movies and some other geek-related goodness. That woman knows me well.

After Christmas, we ventured to Las Vegas for the third time this year, but this time, we got comp'ed rooms and we came back without any of our gambling money, but all of our entertainment money was still intact. So, it's not exactly breaking even, but we had a great time there. Set us up with massages at a spa and get us some penny slots and we're in heaven in Sin City.

We didn't stick around for New Year's in Las Vegas. I've done that a couple of times and it's never been great. Just crowded. And drunky. We found our own crowded and drunky spot here in Los Angeles at my wife's friend's work party. Open bar and free food guaranteed our presence. And for the most part, the party was fun, but we did leave before midnight. Why? We felt like it. And we're non-conformists . . . OK, we just got tired and wanted to get back home.

Other than that, not much else happened. I've been back at work (ugh) since Monday of this week, not really loving it, but I realize it's a necessary evil. I should start posting again within the next couple of days. Don't worry, trailers and funny videos will make their way onto BAFW soon enough. 'Til then, later.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)